[PlanetCCRMA] problems running jack Server

Kevin English Kevin@x5dev.com
Thu Mar 25 09:53:11 2004

Hello,
  I've got all of the alsa driver loaded, now i'm trying to get this jack
server running so i can connect to it via xmms, audacity, hydrogen, etc.
I run the jackstart as described (jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw -r 44100),
but when i fire up Xmms and hydrogen and select jack, they give me erros
like "
ERR: JACK_OpenDevice:jack server not running?
after JACK_Close()"

Here's the output of the jackstart

jackd 0.94.0
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|rt|32bit
control device hw:0
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
Couldn't open hw:0 for 32bit samples trying 24bit instead
Couldn't open hw:0 for 24bit samples trying 16bit instead
Couldn't open hw:0 for 32bit samples trying 24bit instead
Couldn't open hw:0 for 24bit samples trying 16bit instead

Kevin W. English
Software Developer, X5Software
kevin@x5dev.com
808.689.8161 (h)