[PlanetCCRMA] FC2.1vP9 - jackstart just quits...

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc@rncbc.org
Fri Oct 1 00:51:01 2004

Mark,

>> Did you know that on KDE 3.3, or latest artsd, there's already JACK
>> support? I've been running it quite happily as default on my SUSE 9.1
>> Box, provided some appropriate scripting on qjackctl.
>>
>> It's nice and confortable to have all KDE multimedia audio output now
>> being routed through the JACK graph now.
>>
>> Cheers.
>
> I did not know this. I'll have to check it out a bit.

Probably you gotta wait for Planet CCRMA FC3 :)

> I'm curious how you get sound started this way. Wouldn't you have to
> start Jack before you start KDE? How would you handle the need for
> changing latencies in Jack? Can I change those on the flow with KDE
> running?

The way I do it, goes like thisn on qjacktcl:

On qjackctl's pre-startup script I do terminate artsd. On post-startup
script I force the (re)launch of artsd with a proper jack command line
arguments. Then I put qjackctl under autostart folder configuring it to
start automagically at startup. Et voilá :)

Bye.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@rncbc.org