[PlanetCCRMA] Alsa and EMU10k1 (Soundblaster Live)

Simon Schwarz s.sch-@gmx.de
Fri Oct 1 08:07:01 2004

Am Fr, den 01.10.2004 schrieb Crispin um 16:24:
> > Any suggestions? If i can't solve this problem i will open my
> > window and
> > throw this damn card through it! I'm lucky that i have a very solid
> > keybord ;)
> Is it just the Live value or Live Drive card you have?
>  - I think there are problems with the live drive, I only have the value
The card is a Creative SoundBlaster Live 5.1 (not with Live drive i
think)

> Has alsaconf detected the card OK?
> By emu10k1 switches do you mean the midi ports?
>  - if so, are you sure about alsaconf?
Yes, alsaconf has detected it right. I mean switches (in alsamixer)
named with "EMU10k1..." (for Example: EMU10k1 PCM 10).

> What mixer are you using - qamix?
>  - if not, try it - it handles the SBLive well for me
I've used alsamixer so far.

> Can you get hardware monitoring of mic or line in qamix?
>  - if so, silly question but is the recording app connected to alsa_pcm with
> jack/alsa patch bay or "connect" in qjackctl?
No, I can't. But possible because i don't know how ;) I don't have used
any patchbay so far. Did not know that it is necessary for recording. Do
you know some documentation?

> I don't know much about this but do use an sblive...
Yes it is a Soundblaster Live.