[PlanetCCRMA] Any Spanish-speaking Planet CCRMA users out there?

Mon Oct 4 12:51:01 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 12:11, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 11:08:37 -0700, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > Another (ridiculous?) option would be to write the whole thing as a, for
> > example, perl program, using one of the numerous html extension
> > packages. That would be very "programmer friendly" but not very "writer
> > friendly".
>
> I dont think that would be very senbsible,

I agree :-)

I'd love to have something like latex but that outputs html directly
(ie: has the full programming power of tex inside, not that I know how
to use it, of course)

> but you could write it in
> docbook++ (with translation extensions in whatever way you like) and then
> use XSLT to produce multiple normal docbook documents from the extended
> form.

Interesting... google landed me in the w3c recommentation about xslt,
pretty much the only thing I could understand is the simple example at
the end. Feels powerful. Is there a url you would recommend to read more
about this? A program I could use (and its rpm)?

> FWIW though, I would stick to latex :) If it aint broke dont fix it.

My feeling as well, the current implementation of the site is simple, I
like that.

Except that it is broken in a way. Not only would \ifthenelse or
something equivalent be interesting to have for translations (at least
for the way I picture translations could be done). It would be really
nice to have different main pages specific to the different versions of
the distributions, all generated from the same source. For that to work
I'd also need conditionals...

-- Fernando