[PlanetCCRMA] Digidesign hardware

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Wed Oct 6 06:32:01 2004

Jamie Bullock wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I am sure this must have been asked before, if this is indeed the
> correct list for such a question...
>
> Does anyone know if there is a Linux driver for any of the recent
> digidesign interfaces (Mbox, Digi 002)? Is there anyone working on this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jamie

Hi,
    There is no driver for any DigiDesign hardware other than those
supplied by Digi.

    There is no one that I know of working on developing a driver for
any Digi hardware, recent of not. I have an 002 and would love to see
something like this happen, but I think it unlikely.

    BTW - There isn't any driver development work of any kind (that I
know of) going on for any 1394-based audio interfaces under Linux/Alsa,
much less those with proprietary hardware that the manufacturer won't
release specs for.

Sorry,
Mark