[PlanetCCRMA] realtime-lsm module with fc2

martin rumori lists@rumori.de
Wed Oct 6 17:42:01 2004

hi nando,

i'm new to this list, since i'm planet ccrma user now.  or, not
particularly myself but the future users of the small computer pool in
our institute at university which i am administrating...  i installed
planetccrma on the first machine now (btw. convinced by your wonderful
setup at the ccrma@banff lab, took two workshops over there...).

i decided to use fc2 since we don't have hard realtime demands and it
does not have to work everything right now, but i wanted to avoid
reinstalling in the near future.

i am now wondering how to deal with the realtime privileges.  i
created kind of an audio users group, since it doesn't seem to be
handled by planetccrma itself, is it?

the /bootconfig-2.6.7-1.437.1.ll.rhfc2.ccrma/ looks like if there was
the realtime-lsm already included with the kernel, but a

modprobe realcap gid=29

gives me

FATAL: Error inserting realcap (/lib/modules/2.6.7-1.437.1.ll.rhfc2.ccrma/kernel/security/realcap.ko): Invalid argument

is this the right module?  how should the
realtime-for-mortal-users-issue be handled on fc2/planet?

i am new to a redhadish system as well, (last one was 5.2 or so...)
so maybe some of my questions are as silly as the parentheses in CLM
:-)

bests,

martin