[PlanetCCRMA] realtime-lsm module with fc2

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Wed Oct 6 18:08:01 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 02:44:15 +0200, martin rumori <lists@rumori.de> wrote:

> the /bootconfig-2.6.7-1.437.1.ll.rhfc2.ccrma/ looks like if there was
> the realtime-lsm already included with the kernel, but a
>
> modprobe realcap gid=29
>
> gives me
>
> FATAL: Error inserting realcap (/lib/modules/2.6.7-1.437.1.ll.rhfc2.ccrma/kernel/security/realcap.ko): Invalid argument
>
> is this the right module?  how should the
> realtime-for-mortal-users-issue be handled on fc2/planet?

It looks about right to me. Presumably uname -a matches the path
that's being used for the modules?

I'm using the following on my Gentoo kernel:

realtime gid=408 allcaps=1

Not totally sure if the allcaps=1 is the right way to go, but it
seemed to be required to use jackstart as a normal user. The gid of
408 was created when I made a new group called realtime. I added my
user account to that group in /etc/group