[PlanetCCRMA] redhat trouble with grub

Noah Garrett Wallach logic@enabled.com
Thu Oct 7 00:15:01 2004

> Yes, I remember now. Sorry, but I don't have the time to build custom
> kernels for more distros, at least not now :-(
>
> You could download the source for this kernel, extract the "capabilities
> patch" (very simple) patch, and try to add it to the source rpm of
> the Enterprise kernel you are using and rebuild it...
>
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/kernel-
> 2.4.20-30.1.caps.src.rpm
>
> Sorry to not have better news...
> -- Fernando

Fernando,

first off - I thank you so much for all your assistance so far.  this is
probably the best cure.

can you please tell me where I can find this capabilities patch and then can
you please tell me how to apply the patch to the Enterprise kernel and is
there a good tutorial out there that shows how to build a redhat kernel from
the source?

cheers,

Noah