[PlanetCCRMA] A computer keyboard based drum machine program

Matthew Thorley ruach@chpc.utah.edu
Fri Oct 8 10:51:01 2004

Greetings! I would like to know if any out there knows of any programs
that fit this description. I have looked all over the web ad havn't
found anything. Perhaps some one may have an idea.

I am looking for a program that turns my computer keyboard into a
virtual drum set. I would like to be able to map certain keys to
specific drum sounds, eg spacebar=kick, enter=snare etc? If such a
program is not availible is there a program that will turn my computer
keyboard into a midi input device? Then I would be able to run a midi
compatible drum program like hydrogen, and use my keyboard to play drums
that way.

Thanks very much
-Matthew