[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora Core 2 and 2.4 planet kernel

Fri Oct 8 13:03:02 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 11:36, Andres Cabrera wrote:
> I'm planning on upgrading to Fedora Core 2 (from Fedora Core 1), to see
> if the 2.6 kernel might help with my soundcard problem, but I would like
> to keep using the stable 2.4 planet kernel for audio, is there a
> confilct there or can I go ahead and update?

There is a conflict, FC2 is geared towards running the 2.6.x kernel.
While it could be possible to run 2.4.x there are probably going to be
conflicts (different configurations for the mouse on X comes to mind). I
think I did run 2.4 briefly for a test but I can't remember all the
details.

-- Fernando