[PlanetCCRMA] realtime-lsm in Planetedge?

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Sun Oct 10 12:41:01 2004

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 14:53:42 -0400, Kevin Ernste <kevinernste@gmail.com> wrote:
> My appologies for being unclear.

Not the least bit of a problem. Thanks for helping. It's now loading
fine and I'm able to run jackstart using your instructions.

[mark@Godzilla mark]$ jackstart -R -dalsa -dhw:0 -r 44100 -p64 -n2
back from read, ret = 1 errno == Success
jackd 0.99.0
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

apparent rate = 44100
creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|64|2|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
control device hw:0
configuring for 44100Hz, period = 64 frames, buffer = 2 periods

> I am not running S7 here but R9 (one build back) and the realcap
> module loads for me maually:
>
> [kevine@orpheus kevine]$ /sbin/modprobe realcap allcaps=1 gid=501
> [kevine@orpheus kevine]$ /sbin/lsmod  | grep real
> realcap                 4368  0
> commoncap         5120  1 realcap
>
> Fernando has his usual excellent information in the changelog for
> Fedora2 on the init.d script I referred to, but just to be clear, it
> is not there by default but can be downloaded here:

I couldn't find mention of this in the change log. I must be
absolutely blind. Thanks much!

> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/root/etc/rc.d/init.d/realcap
>
> You can also edit REALCAP_OPTS to add the "gid" tag.  Once you save

I don't quite understand this part. REALCAP_OPTS is used in the init.d
script, but it's apparently not defined. Did you just add the gid in
the script itself? Or are you supposed to do this somewhere else?

I did not define it, so when realcap starts it starts with allcaps=1
as per the script. This is fine for me right now.

> this to /etc/initi.d you can add it to your services with:
>
> /sbin/chkconfig --add realcap

Yep - all makes sense.

> Then realcap can be loaded and unloaded with:
>
> /sbin/service realcap start
> /sbin/service realcap stop
>
> ...or it can be set to load at boot by toggling it on in your fedora services.
>
> I hope this helps.

Very much so!

Thanks,
Mark