[PlanetCCRMA] realtime-lsm in Planetedge?

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Sun Oct 10 14:02:01 2004

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:13:02 -0400, Kevin Ernste <kevinernste@gmail.com> wrote:

> Glad to hear it's working!  This init script is just a last
> convenience, another one of nando's details that make this whole thing
> works so smoothly.
>
> The REALCAP_OPTS variable is listed in "start" section of the realcap
> init script as:
>
> REALCAP_OPTS="allcaps=1"
>
> ...which will work but I noticed you wanted to use the gid option (I
> use it here too on a multiuser system), so you can just change it to:
>
> REALCAP_OPTS="allcaps=1 gid=501"
>
> Kevin

Makes sense. Thanks!

I presume when the Planetedge stuff goes mainline Fernando will have
included all of this and others won't have to mees around at all.

It's amazing how well the Planet system works. I built this machine
this morning from scratch using FC2 and Planetedge. Granted, I have
another Planet box and know basically how to go through the
PlanetCCRMA instructions, but this thing was up and running in lass
than 2 hours and has very few problems.

What's nice about this box (vs. my laptop) is the standard Planet
kernel seems to be working just fine. On my laptop I had to build my
own kernel.

Thanks much for your help,
Mark