[PlanetCCRMA] jackstart problem

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Mon Oct 11 08:24:03 2004

On 11 Oct 2004 14:06:42 +0200, linux_chaos <linux_chaos@yahoo.de> wrote:
> hello,
>
> try this:
>
> Activating the low latency patch
> If you are not running the Planet CCRMA kernel you might not have this
> patch installed. Try doing a 'cat /proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency' to see if
> it is there. A '0' indicates that the patch is there but not active, a
> '1' indicates that it is active, anything else means you don't have it.
>
> If you have it and you just got a '0' you can activate it by doing an
> 'echo "1" >/proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency'. If you are running redhat you
> can automatically activate the low latency patch at boot time by adding
> the following line to the /etc/sysctl.conf file:
>
> kernel.lowlatency = 1
>
> hope this helps ...

<SNIP>

> > jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw -r 44100
> >
> > i got:
> >
> > jackstart: cannot get realtime capabilities, current capabilities are:
> >            =ep cap_setpcap-e
> >     probably running under a kernel with capabilities disabled,
> >     a suitable kernel would have printed something like "=eip"
> >
> > i am running fedora core 2 with the "2.6.7-1.437.1.11.rhfc2.ccrma"
> > kernel.

The above suggesting doesn't work with 2.6.x kernels. (I was going to
mention that to Fernando as a possible small update to the install
instructions.)

For the newer Planetedge kernels you ned to modprobe the realtime-lsm
module instead. There were a couple of threads on this subject this
weekend. Check the archives for good instructions that helped me. I
presume this is the same for the kernel shown above but I'm not sure.

Good luck,
Mark