[PlanetCCRMA] jackstart problem

chun lee leechun@leechun.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Oct 12 12:17:02 2004

Hi there:

Thanks for your reply. I was going to read through the list as someone had
suggested, but have not had time yet....

> You can go around it by starting jackd directly
> instead of jackstart, passing exactly the same
> options.
> I suppose you need to be root to do that.
Just had a quick try with

jackd -R -d alsa -d hw -r 44100

and got:

apparent rate = 44100
creating alsa driver ... hw|hw|1024|2|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
configuring for 44100Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
Couldn't open hw for 32bit samples trying 24bit instead
Couldn't open hw for 24bit samples trying 16bit instead
Couldn't open hw for 32bit samples trying 24bit instead
Couldn't open hw for 24bit samples trying 16bit instead

And the terminal just in halt and nothing happened. Does this mean jack is
on?

Then I start pd by:

Pd -jack

And when I switch the audio on, I got