[PlanetCCRMA] Re: Pam, Perms, a plan?

Matt Barber brbrofsvl@aol.com
Wed Oct 13 06:39:01 2004

->>                                         Sometimes when a user logs
out> of Gnome, X sort of freezes.  It's not a hard freeze - you can move
the> mouse cursor around, and click on things, but clicking does
nothing. > Right-clicking still opens up a menu.  It doesn't matter
whether or not> there are running windows or processes - sometimes it
happens and> sometimes it doesn't, and I can't find a way to reproduce
the behavior> consistently.  We're using an nvidia video card, and I
thought that> maybe the nvidia module was doing this, but it seems to be
happening> with the xorg nv module.  When this happens, we have to>
ctrl-alt-backspace to finish the logout and get back to the greeter.
Ahhh I've seen this two on my laptop, and I was blaming the wireless card
:) Its an ATI video card, so I dont thats what it is.
It does coincide with the wireless card giving up, but I guess that must
be a symptom os the same problem.<-

I should also mention we have the same problem in another machine (P4) with
different hardware (both have an NVIDIA card, but not the same one).  It's
extremely annoying.

Matt