[PlanetCCRMA] vstserver-wine and other compiles on planet fails

Timo Sivula timo.sivula@luukku.com
Wed Oct 13 17:35:01 2004

This may be the wrong list to ask, but anyway.

I have been trying to compile vstserver-wine for my planet CCRMA box for
a while. Of some reason my PC hangs after about 20-25 minutes of
compiling. I re-installed fedora core 1 and did the planet CCRMA
updates, but this still happens. The PC hangs also when I try to compile
a Kernel or do a long transcoding of video.

At first I thoght I had a CPU overheating problem with my silenced PC.
However, the CPU stays at a comfortable 45C during kernel and wine
compilation. Also after 10 hours of SETI at home the CPU still is only
at 48C. It is also worth mentioning that the PC stays completely stable
running SETI for over 10 hours at 48C CPU temp while it hangs after 20
minutes of vstserver compiling at 45C.

Then on Kjetil's recommendation I also did a memory check using
memtest86 v 3.1 I had the test running for 4 days: not a single error.

I would appreciate ideas on what to test next.

My setup:

HW:
2 GHz Celeron
384 MB SDRAM