[PlanetCCRMA] module load - unresolved symbols?

Joe Hartley jh@brainiac.com
Sun Oct 17 15:47:01 2004

On 17 Oct 2004 15:04:16 -0700
Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
> If hyperthreading is enabled then you are probably running an smp kernel
> (do uname -r to see what you are booting into) after all.

xtc:~% uname -r
2.4.26-1.ll.rh90.ccrma

> HT uses spare
> cycles in the P4 processor to run two "processors" in parallel,
> depending on what software you run you can have from 0% to 15-20% more
> performance.

Hmmm, that's what I get for not paying attention to the hardware front!
So I'm guessing my choices here are
  1) turn off hyperthreading in the BIOS or
  2) install the smp version of the kernel.

I don't see more than one processor in the dmesg output, but I haven't
rebooted yet to see how it's currently set in the BIOS.  Assuming I
have a choice here, does anybody who has been down this road before
have any preferences?