[PlanetCCRMA] jack_fst - Library requirements (jack >= 0.91.0) not met;

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Fri Oct 22 10:22:02 2004

Hi,
   I'm attempting to bring up jack_fst on one of my Planet boxes
running FC2 but I run into the following problem:

[mark@flash jack_fst-1.2]$ ./configure --prefix=/usr
<SNIP>
checking for jack >= 0.91.0... Package jack was not found in the
pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `jack.pc'
No package 'jack' found

configure: error: Library requirements (jack >= 0.91.0) not met;
consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
[mark@flash jack_fst-1.2]$

This, as I remember it, is a somewhat common occurance on Redhat 9,
but I don't remember the most appropriate solution. I did an updatedb
and then an slocte looking for jack.pc but didn't find it. I did not
have this problem on my Gentoo side of this same box. What's a boy to
do?

[root@flash root]# updatedb
[root@flash root]# slocate jack.pc
[root@flash root]#