[PlanetCCRMA] Re: apt broken after installing ATrpms?

Sun Oct 24 15:59:01 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 08:35, Nathaniel Virgo wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> >Yes, I'd move the *.rpmsave back to the normal names to get the old
> >and known working configuration back. Then I'd install
> >medley-package-config from http://atrpms.net/name/medley-package-config/
> >(which will install under *.rpmnew) and merge/takeover con fig files
> >according to your personal preferences. Or you could start with the
> >medley-package-config files and modify them from there.
>
> Okay, I got around to doing that, and decided to just keep the config
> files that medley-package-config gave me, but now when I run apt-get
> update I get the errors shown below and nothing gets installed (though
> an awful lot gets downloaded of course).  What can I do to resolve this?

Did you try an "apt-get dist-upgrade"?
That will be more agressive in what it tries to do.

> Committing changes...
> Preparing...                ###########################################
> [100%]
>         file /usr/bin/fftw-wisdom conflicts between attempted installs
> of fftw3-3.0.1-2.fr and fftw-3.0.1-6.rhfc1.at
>         file /usr/lib/libfftw3.so.3.0.1 conflicts between attempted
> installs of fftw3-3.0.1-2.fr and fftw-3.0.1-6.rhfc1.at
>         file /usr/lib/libfftw3_threads.so.3.0.1 conflicts between

Axel (atrpms) has a different naming convention that the other
repositories for fftw, the same package has different names (fftw3 vs
fftw). Some package somewhere must have an explicit dependency on the
name of the fftw package (fftw3 or fftw), so that the library
requirements are not enough, and both try to get installed at the same
time.

>         file /usr/share/doc/HTML/en_GB/common/1.png conflicts between
> attempted installs of kde-i18n-British-3.3.1-0.0.kde and
> kdelibs-3.3.1-0.2.1.kde

Hmmm, where do those come from? Which repository? Looks like a conflict
inside a different repository (kde?).

-- Fernando