[PlanetCCRMA] Audacity

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Mon Oct 25 07:00:02 2004

I get the same message on my office desktop machine which doesn't have
sound loaded. Are you able to use other sound apps? (I almost always
start with alsaplayer since it works easily with Alsa or Jack.)

Could arts be running? (Or trying to run...) Sometimes when I used
KDE, or even just a KDE app, arts would spawn a sound process that
wouldn't complete. The process stays in mrmory blocking other apps
from using Alsa. I'd kill -9 that process and Alsa would start working
better.

Good luck,
Mark