[PlanetCCRMA] Re: jack_fst - Library requirements

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Mon Oct 25 14:34:03 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:47:02 -0700, Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:13:16 -0400, Andres Cabrera
> <acabrera@teleset.com.co> wrote:
> > Excellent Mark!
> > It took a while to download wine-20040505, but now jack_fst works
> > alright! Cheeze Machine on Linux!
> > There's some wierdness with other plugs but I'm on track. eg. you
> > sometimes have to try loading a plug twice, etc.
> > Did you notice that the segmentation fault occurs when there's some kind
> > of redraw? Maybe when the bypass/mute buttons are added. I don't know if
> > this is only on my system, but the gui changes place in the screen on
> > mention this in case it gives you some clues.
> >
> > Andres
> >

> Andres,
>    Hey! Great news! (Sort of...) I'm glad you are making headway.

<SNIP>

>    There are some Wine options for doing 'desk management'. They are
> in the config file, but if you want to use them then you need to copy
> the config file from documents/samples to the .wine directory. Very
> possibly some option in that file might address these problems. I will
> try with and without these options, or possibly changing desk sizes
> and see what happens.
>
>    Thanks for the ideas! Maybe working together we can make some headway faster.

OK, I got Battery's GUI to come up when I run it in desktop mode. From
Wine's config file:

"Managed" = "Y"
; Use a desktop window of 640x480 for Wine
"Desktop" = "1024x768"

When it first comes up I get a small window with the mute and bypass
buttons. When I resize that larger then I see the Battery GUI. This is
with wine-20041019. All 8 outputs show up correctly in QJackConnect.
So far so good. However, it dies a horrible death when I try to load
the first drum kit. The managed desktop shifts its name and is now
displaying '/usr/lib/fst.so', which is probably sensible if we had
access to one of the developers. I see this in the terminal where I
run:

flash Battery $ jack_fst /home/mark/.wine/drive_c/Battery/Battery.dll
The program 'jack_fst' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
  (Details: serial 8578 error_code 8 request_code 12 minor_code 0)
flash Battery $

At least this is headway. It comes as soon as I tell the file dialog
to load the drum kit.

I think Torben will be intested in this. We've been a bit stuck for
the last week or two trying to debug this. Finally we have some new
information.

Cheers,
Mark