[PlanetCCRMA] Re: jack_fst - Library requirements

Andres Cabrera acabrera@teleset.com.co
Tue Oct 26 08:40:02 2004

That's great Mark!
I'll get and build wine-20041019, and let you know how I did.
The following plugins have worked for me (with wine-20040505):
(I've verified they produce sound- and in the case of vsti that they
receive midi information. I don't know about long term performance since
I only tried them for a short moment)
Working:

Cheeze Machine
Borderliner
Ganymed- but with horrible stuck notes and strange behaviour
c_fft-Causes zombification when dragged
c_Superstereo-Causes zombificatrion when dragged
c_Tuner-OK
Crazy Diamonds
Enigmatron
fft4vst
Oddity
E-phonic Lo-fi
Mysteron
Mellowsound
Normallizer (Big Fish)
Polyiblit
Vreorder
z-cutter
z-filterdub (and probably the other z-plugs as well)

Not working for me (for clearly different reasons):
Synth1
Claw
dfx Geometer
GalactiX -Zombifies when receives a note, or when a note is played on
the gui
jx220
Loopitch (Requires MSVC60.dll)
Organized (attempts to load, but crashes when drawing gui)
SuperwaveP8 (same as above)

Those reported without editor (Bouncy,CrazyIvan, Freeverb2, mda jx10,
empire, neutronium) don't work. They don't crash, but don't appear in
qjackctl.

Sometimes I have to try loading a plugin several times, because I get
the message:
could not post message to gui thread
cannot create editor
I have had to do it sometimes 5 or 6 times but then it works.

I also found the follwoing list at:
http://www.djcj.org/LAU/ladspavst/index.php
I've put ***** in front of those I could verify to be working.

Ambience.dll
AnechoicRoomSimulator.dll
BarsStripes.dll
Big Tick Hexaline.dll
BLOCKFISH.dll*********
Boss DS-1.dll
Boss SD-1.dll
Classic EQ.dll
Crystal.dll*******
Cyanide2.dll*******
DebaserDemo.dll
DeeLay_sm.dll
Delay Lama.dll
deloizer095.dll
DFX Transverb.dll
dominion v1.2.dll********
Drumatic_22.dll
endorphin.dll
E-Phonic XPressor.dll
FLOORFISH.dll********
Frohmage.dll
GoldenGate.dll
H2O.dll
JS Vibrato V1.0.dll
LoopaZoid.dll
mabento.dll
MadShifta.dll****************
mda DX10.dll
mda ePiano.dll
mda Piano.dll
MjMultibandCompressor.dll
MjRotoDelay.dll
ParisEQ.dll
relofter.dll
resolator_1.03_demo.dll
RetroDelay.dll
SIR.dll
sloper.dll
SoloString_v10.dll
SPITFISH.dll**********************
Stretch & Squash.dll
SupaPhaser.dll
Syntar.dll
Tape Delay.dll
THD.dll
themodulator2.dll
Trancemitter.dll

Mark Knecht wrote:
>    Here are the VSTs I've run pretty successfully so far:
>
> Ambience
> Battery
> Crystal
> Loopazoid