[PlanetCCRMA] Re: jack_fst - Library requirements

Matthew Allen matthew@lith.com
Thu Oct 28 13:16:01 2004

I hope you guys don't mind me butting in but I have a question about a
different library which I am missing.

	I got plain old fst-1.6 to compile and install just fine (I had
to cp mkinstalldirs from the jack_fst directory over). However when I go
to ./configure jack_fst-1.2 it craps out on gtk+. I am running CCRMA FC1
(downloaded and installed on Tuesday). With this version of CCRMA I am
looking at gtk 1.2.10. If I get the rpms for gtk+-devel the amount of
dependencies is insane. Basically it wants me to upgrade gtk+ and pretty
much 75% of my current CCRMA apps seem to use it.

 	My question is this, how exactly are you guys running jack_fst?
Did you do a bunch of by hand updating? Are you all running the
expiremental FC2 stuff? I would prefer not to head down a doomed path
here (updating everything one rpm at a time).

Thanks!
M.