[PlanetCCRMA] Capture Analog Video

Ingo Lantschner (Lists) ingo.lists@vum.at
Fri Oct 29 10:16:02 2004

Hi,
first of all thanks to Claudius, you helped me lot to find into the
right direction.

ClaudiusMaximus wrote:

> I use the following command (all on one line) to capture from my
> /dev/video0 's composite input:
>
> $ mencoder -tv
> driver=v4l:input=1:width=384:height=288:fps=25:adevice=/dev/dsp:audiorate=44100:forceaudio:forcechan=2
> -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:preset=192 -ovc
> xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=1600 tv:// ouputfile.avi
>
> However, no matter what I put for "outputfile.avi", mencoder always
> writes to a file called "test.avi" - I don't know why, and I don't
> know how to change it.  Any ideas?

sorry, did not come along to hat problem, because ...
... using this commandline:
$ mencoder -tv
driver=v4l:input=0:width=384:height=288:fps=25:adevice=/dev/dsp:audiorate=44100:forceaudio:forcechan=2
-oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:preset=192 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts
bitrate=1600 tv:// ouputfile.avi
I get this output and the command exits to the promp:
[...]
ioctl set picture failed: Invalid argument
Segmentation fault
---
Seems as if one of the many arguments above is not correct. I have a
Pinacle/Miro DC30plus (aka DC30+), so may be one of the above options is
not ok for it. I will go trough them step by step, but maybe someone
here knows already what to change. (The first thing I already found
myself: input must be set to 0 for composite on the DC30plus)

TIA, Ingo