[PlanetCCRMA] Re: jack_fst - Library requirements

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Fri Oct 29 12:32:01 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:46:23 -0500, acabrera@teleset.com.co
<acabrera@teleset.com.co> wrote:
> I'm running a FC1 Planet CCRMA installation, with all the updates, and jack_fst
> is working here. I might have downloaded a gtk update, but I'm not certain. How
> could I check that?
> I do remember having to edit something by hand in the vst header files, but I
> can't remember what... I found it on the lad list.
> I don't have my CCRMA box here, so I can't check. I'll post tomorrow.
>

> Andres

That I can help with.

1) Get the Steinberg SDK - Version 2.3 - from the address in the
README for fst-1.6
2) Get the files AEffect.h  and aeffectx.h from it and place them in
fst-1.6/vst directory
3) CD to the vst directory and run ../fixheaders
4) Edit aeffectx.h, go to about line 921 and edit things to look like
this: (A little different than I'm actually running, but I think this
is actually better than what I did. I actually commented out the whole
function I think...)

<SNIP>
struct VstFileType
{
        VstFileType (char* _name, char *_macType, char *_dosType, char
*_unixType = 0, char *_mimeType1 = 0, char *_mimeType2 = 0)
        {
/*              if (_name)
                        strcpy (name, _name);
                if (_macType)