[PlanetCCRMA] PlanetCCRMA on RHEL?

Sat Apr 2 12:31:00 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 11:46, Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale wrote:
> Are there any plans to port PlanetCCRMA to RHEL and its clones? At the
> moment, I am installing FCn with PlanetCCRMA (currently n=2) on our
> Linux workstations and the short lifecycle of Fedora Core is beginning
> to prove a problem. I am strongly considering switching to CentOS (a
> free build of the RHEL sources) as CentOS-4 make a very good
> workstation, and the main reason I cannot do it at the moment is the
> lack of audio apps.

CentOS 4 does look interesting. It would be interesting to rebuild
Planet CCRMA on top of it for a more stable platform (perhaps too
stable? What happens when a lot of the apps go to versions that won't
build because of dependencies that are not there? - anyhow, perhaps I'm
looking too far in the future :-)

> I have tried to recompile a few packages from the FC3 repository on my
> home CentOS-4 box (mainly low-level stuff like jack, fluidsynth and
> LADSPA plugins), the builds seemed right, but I have not had time to
> look into higher level apps like MusE or Ardour.

I'm guessing but most probably the fc3 packages would install, have you
tried that? Anyway, most probably a rebuild would not be too bad, it is
just a matter of finding the time (ie: the resources) to do it.

It certainly looks interesting.

-- Fernando