[PlanetCCRMA] MAudio interfaces (kinda OT)

Joe Hartley jh@brainiac.com
Thu Apr 14 06:43:01 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 04:15:33 -0700 (PDT)
Michael Gurevich <gurevich@ccrma.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
> I'd really like to have the preamps/trim pots on the breakout box. Is
> anyone using a comparable setup to the Delta66/OmniI/O that plays well
> with planetccrma?

This might not be a huge amount of help, but I was using the OmniI/O
setup until I determined that I wanted more input channels.  I got a
Delta 1010 which works fantastically with Linux and a mixer which gives
me 4 channels into the 1010.  A 2 channel preamp gave me 2 more mic
level inputs into the 1010.

My son has an M-Audio Audiophile card in his computer, and a smaller
Behringer mixer for its I/O.  I don't hate the preamps on the Behringers,
and they have parametric eq which the Omni box did not have.  Overall,
I find using a small mixer connected to the M-Audio cards more useful
than the Omni interface that I used to have.