[PlanetCCRMA] Acer laptop

Peter Lutek plutek@infinity.net
Sun Apr 17 11:37:01 2005

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 19:59:29 +0200, David Fraser <davidf@sjsoft.com> wrote:

>>> USB is pleantly fast enough for audio, or at least a few channels of
>>> it. I think the technical problems with USB lay more in how it does
>>> the work technically, but not that it won't work. There are pleantly
>>> of folks around using although I'm not.
>>

>> as one real-world example, i've recorded 18 channels of 44.1kHz audio
>> to a  single external USB2 drive with my acer laptop. no problems.
>
> What model ACER laptop do you use? Does it work well with CCRMA?

4002WLMi
RAM upgraded to 1Gb
internal HD upgraded to 7200RPM

don't know about CCRMA.... i'm actually running gentoo, and am happy with
that. i did an FC2 CCRMA install on one of my spare drives early on, and
don't recall any real problems, but i know i never fully tuned the machine
for audio with CCRMA before moving to gentoo.

-p