[PlanetCCRMA] New PC - Athlon 64

Jan Depner eviltwin69@cableone.net
Sat Dec 3 08:38:01 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 07:34 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On 12/3/05, Jan Depner <eviltwin69@cableone.net> wrote:

> > > I don't care much either, most of the time, but I subscribe to an
> > > investment service that uses a lot of Java so I needed a way to use
> > > it. This has worked pretty well for me.

> > > Mine's a 3000+ single core wunning 2.6.14-rt21. Are you getting a
> > > single or double core?
> > >

> >     It would definitely be single core.
>
> It should be a good machine for you. What motherboard are you getting?
> I think my xrun problems are more caused by the NVidia chipset. or
> possibly some configuration trick I've not learned yet.

    Asus K8V SE Deluxe Socket 754 ATX Motherboard.  It's a Via K8T800
chipset.

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice

"As we enjoy great advantages from the invention of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and
this we should do freely and generously."

Benjamin Franklin, on declining patents offered by the governor of
Pennsylvania for his "Pennsylvania Fireplace", c. 1744