[PlanetCCRMA] to restore the MBR

7lb9oz Productions viipoundproductions@yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 09:30:03 2005

--0-573601614-1133890151=:36322

Hello all,

  I have a question that is not specific to FC or CCRMA, but it is required info for my system so I will go ahead and ask it here.

  I have windowsXP installed to my primary master, and FC3 on my primary slave.  This has been my test install and I am now ready to finalize the install, but I am going to set up slightly different using removable HDs.

  FC3 will be completely reinstalled, but I would like to keep the XP install as is.  How do I go about restoring the MBR so that it will remove grub and just boot straight to XP as before?  Do I just boot from the XP cdrom and choose the option to "repair this windows OS"?  Or, can I just do the old fdisk mbr?

  Thanks in advance,
  SMH

 Yahoo! Personals
--0-573601614-1133890151=:36322

<DIV id=RTEContent>Hello all, </DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>I have a question that is not specific to FC or CCRMA, but it is required info for my system so I will go ahead and ask it here.</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>I have windowsXP installed to my primary master, and FC3 on my primary slave.&nbsp; This has been my test install and I am now ready to finalize the install, but I am going to set up slightly different using removable HDs.&nbsp; </DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>FC3 will be completely reinstalled, but I would like to keep the XP install as is.&nbsp; How do I go about restoring the MBR so that it will remove grub and just boot straight to XP as before?&nbsp; Do I just boot from the XP cdrom and choose the option to "repair this windows OS"?&nbsp; Or, can I just do the old fdisk mbr?</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>Thanks in advance, </DIV>  <DIV>SMH</DIV><p>
		<hr size=1> <B>Yahoo! Personals</B><BR>
Let fate take it's course directly to your email.<br>
See who's waiting for you <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=36106/*http://personals.yahoo.com
">Yahoo! Personals</a>
--0-573601614-1133890151=:36322--