[PlanetCCRMA] status for updated jack-audio-connection-kit

Sun Dec 18 16:18:02 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 08:58 -0800, R Parker wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 13:43 -0700, R Parker wrote:
> > > Fernando,
> > >
> > > Just wondering about the status for an updated jackd
> > > package to include jack_recompute_total_latencies().
> > > Is it within or beneath the radar?
> >
> > On which distro?
>
> FC3 for me, thank you.
>
>  Which version would it be? Current
> > cvs?
>
> Current CVS.
>
> > I think I'll also need to rebuild a couple of apps on some distros as
> > there are going to be, I think, missing symbols (api that changed).
>
> I haven't a clue if that's the case.

At least jamin has to be rebuilt, perhaps others...

> > Most probably nothing will happen till after the
> > 17th. I'm right now in
> > Barcelona (last day of ICMC2005) and I'm about to
> > sign off the net and
> > try to forget computers even exist for a week :-)
>
> Assuming you are back from vacation I'm thinking a
> reminder is in order. :) There's been updates to
> Qjackctl too. I was gonna send in a bug/usability
> report on its patchbay but didn't want to until I run
> the most recent release.

Oh well, just in time for another vacation :-) Leaving in a couple of
days. I'll release a new kernel (was hoping to do that today) and I
finally have a version of the Common Music world for fc4 - I know those
are not the most popular packages but I need them for teaching in the
next quarter. Arghhh, as usual.

> Thanks and when are we going to see pictures of the
> CCRMA studio rooms?

Good question...
Except for the main recording studio the others are, right now, a work
in progress. We moved to the newly renovated building and we've been so
busy that they are still not all ready. I'll see if I can take some
snapshots and post them somewhere...

-- Fernando