[PlanetCCRMA] detailed envy24control documentation?

D. R. Evans doc.evans@gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 12:22:01 2005

Ah! I vastly simplified the problem and now things are making sense.

The combination of envy24control, Jack and ardour gave me too many
variables and all kinds of weird things were happening. (I hadn't
realised, although I suppose I should have, that Jack and ardour would
affect what I was seeing in envy24control.) When I stopped ardour and
jack so that I was just left with envy24control to deal with, then
things made much more sense.

The only thing that is not quite sensible is that the 1010LT appears
to be designed so that one can't just plug a guitar into one of the
non-XLR inputs and expect it to work -- I'm not sure what M-Audio
expects to be plugged into those phono sockets, but apparently it's
not an acoustic guitar with on-board electronics. It would have been
nice if something had mentioned that somewhere in the 1010LT
documentation.

I'm not sure how earlier I had managed to arrange things so that with
ardour in the system I could hear the guitar at a good volume, even
though I couldn't record at the right level, but with ardour out of
the system, the guitar levels are very low. Easy enough to get around
by using one of the XLR jacks instead.

Thanks for the help and encouragement. I was really begining to doubt
my sanity for a while when nothing was making any sense.