[PlanetCCRMA] detailed envy24control documentation?

Nigel Henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Fri Dec 30 11:15:02 2005

On Friday 30 December 2005 17:34, D. R. Evans wrote:
> > On the 1010LT, the non-XLR inputs are all line-level inputs.  They are
> > not designed to be connected to a guitar.
>
> Maybe that depends on the guitar?
>
> My two main guitars are high-end Taylors using the "Expression Sound
> System", and as far as I can tell they are intended to be plugged directly
> into the XLR sockets (
> http://www.taylorguitars.com/global/pdfs/02_ExpressionSystem.pdf) -- which
> is a 300-ohm balanced system with a "professional quality pre-amp", which
> sounds like it should work fine straight into the XLR inputs. It certainly
> seems to be working OK; I do still need to check the sound quality with
> headphones, but it sounded pretty good on my speakers yesterday when I got
> things working.

Hi Doc. This is a just a thought from looking at the .pdf. Did you buy the
cord with the TRS and XLR, or did it come with the guitar? I ask this because
you can wire up XLR's as balanced or unbalanced. The unbalanced version has
the screen pin linked to one of the others, and would effectively short out
one of the signal wires, and would no doubt create a problem if connected to
a balanced input. This has probably nothing to do with your problem, but
sometimes very simple things can be easily missed. Nigel.