[PlanetCCRMA] detailed envy24control documentation?

D. R. Evans doc.evans@gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 15:29:00 2005

Aaron Slocum said the following at 2005-12-30 15:00 :
> Maybe I'm missing some of the thread here, but here's my 2 cents.
>

> The 1010LT has jumpers on the actual card that switch the two XLR inputs
> between line-level signal and pre-amp signal.  If it's jumpered to use the
> preamps of the card and you're already using a pre-amp from the guitar that
> seems to me like it would be bad ju-ju.

Yeah, that does sound like it's not right, doesn't it? The 1010LT manual
isn;'t totally clear, but it looks like the two XLRs can be independently
set, so  think that over the weekend I'll try changing the setting for just
one of the XLRs and see which setting works best. (Maybe that's related to
the distortion I've been hearing, because none of the many bar graphs seem
to be indicating over-drive anywhere. It's just on loud strums, but I know
that I never hear anything like that when I'm playing in public.)

   Doc