[PlanetCCRMA] detailed envy24control documentation?

D. R. Evans doc.evans@gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 16:07:01 2005

Matt Marian said the following at 2005-12-30 23:52 :

> I agree, If the Taylor has a built in pre-amp and you have not changed
> the jumper(s) you will be pre-amping a pre-amped signal and that WILL
> cause distortion, and possibly do more nastyness to card and system .

Well, it turns out that, although that makes perfect sense, the right way
to run the Taylors seems indeed to be to plug them into the pre-amped XLRs.
The reason I was seeing some distortion was because of a low battery -- one
of the many annoyances with the new Taylor system is that it has no
low-battery indicator (in fact, _everything_ about the Taylor Expression
system is inferior to their old Fishman electronics, except the sound).

   Doc