[PlanetCCRMA] Why we we have to use Red Hat?

Dave Phillips dlphilp@bright.net
Wed Jan 26 13:12:01 2005

Michael Jackson wrote:

> Why do we have to use Red Hat? It seems alot to put on all those CD's.
> Isn't there a more slim-line way to create a audio linux system.

Well, you can try AGNULA/Demudi instead, it's a bit lighter. Works great
too.

You don't have to use Fernando's disc sets, you can install RH yourself
and then install the apt-system and the Planet C packages. I happen to
like Red Hat, so Planet C works for me. I also like Debian, so
AGNULA/Demudi works for me too.

Or you can try AudioSlack... or Mandrake + THAC's packages... or one of
the multimedia Linux "live" CDs (APODIO, dynebolic)... or the new thing
from Fervent Software...

I like having choices...

Best,

dp