[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora FC1 to FC2 upgrade with apt question

Sun Jul 3 19:22:01 2005

On Wed, 2030-07-03 at 17:38, Tom Poe wrote:
> I'm running FC1 and want to upgrade to FC2.

May be a tricky upgrade because it involves changing kernel from 2.4 to
2.6... I have not tried this so I don't know what may need to be done.

> I have changed the sources.list to get fedora/2/. .
> . on apt-get dist-upgrade command.  I've also
> changed the apt.conf file to reflect the FC2
> kernel code found at:
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installtwosix.html
>
> I am running apt 0.5.15cnc2 at this time.  If I
> understand the instructions, that is the correct
> apt version?
>
> I ran apt-get update, followed by apt-get
> dist-upgrade, and, when calculating, got a FAILED
> Calculating Upgrade... Failed
>   SDL: Depends: libasound.so.2
>        Depends: libasound.so.2(ALSA_0.9)
>   arts: Depends: libasound.so.2
>         Depends: libasound.so.2(ALSA_0.9)
>   esound-devel: Depends: alsa-lib-devel but it is
> not going to be installed
>                 Depends: esound (= 1:0.2.34-2)
> but 1:0.2.31-1 is to be installed
> jack-audio-connection-kit: Depends: libasound.so.2
>                              Depends:
> libasound.so.2(ALSA_0.9)
>   kdelibs: Depends: libasound.so.2
>            Depends: libasound.so.2(ALSA_0.9)
>   kdelibs-devel: Depends: arts-devel but it is
> not going to be installed
>   mammut: Depends: libsndlib.so
>   pd: Depends: libasound.so.2
>       Depends: libasound.so.2(ALSA_0.9)
> E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated
> breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
> [root@sound apt]#
>
> I have libasound.so.2 in:
> [root@sound apt]# locate libasound.so.2
> /usr/lib/libasound.so.2.0.0
> /usr/lib/libasound.so.2
>
> Where should I copy the file so that apt-get can
> find it?

It is (should) be already finding it. What happens if you explicitly try
to upgrade only alsa-lib? Like in:
  apt-get --dry-run install alsa-lib alsa-lib-devel

You may get a more precise diagnostic.
-- Fernando