[PlanetCCRMA] FC2 to FC3 upgrade - possible?

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Wed Jul 6 11:54:01 2005

Hi,
   Can an upgrade be done using apt and the Planet repositories:

1) I think maybe no more kernels are forthcoming for FC2 machines any
more? It seems all the edgy kernels are just FC3/FC4.

2) I run Aqualung everyday. Unfortunately a new version requires a
bump in gtk to 2.6 or higher but this isn't in synaptic as far as I
can see.

   How is an upgrade like this done, presuming it can be done.  Can I
change sources.list from fedora/2/ to fedora/3/ and then just do an
update/dist-upgrade? Sounds dangerous to me.

Thanks in advance,
Mark