[PlanetCCRMA] mp3 encoders

nigel henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Wed Jul 6 12:05:01 2005

Hi Peter. Personally I'd suggest you encourage the folks that want your tunes
to get an ogg vorbis plugin for windows media player.
http://www.resources.ind-music.com/ . When I started with computers a couple
of years ago I didn't know what PDF's were, and had to get the adobe reader
for em. Same goes for flashplayer, quicktime,etc. You probably realise I'm
not into the proprietary stuff!  Even playing MP3's on linux has been a bit
of a problem. Mplayer plays em, and GQmpeg on Debian, but certainly the .ogg
format is a lot easier and gives support to open source at the same time.
Never know, may swing some Windoze users over to Linux audio. If you have
your tunes on a webserver, a link to the site to get the ogg vorbis plug-in
for windows media player shouldn't be a problem. Nigel.