[PlanetCCRMA] apt for FC4?

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Mon Jul 11 16:22:01 2005

Hi,
   I did my update to FC4 from FC2. The update itself went OK but the
machine's usefulness in the short term is now in question. Gnome menus
appear to be completely hosed. I have nothing left so I cannot get to
apps, etc. HEck - I cannot even log out or tell what time it is. The
panel is just blank.

   I was hoping that there would be a path to fixing this post updates
so I tried to run apt-get update and that failed:

[root@Godzilla apt]# apt-get update
apt-get: error while loading shared libraries: librpm-4.3.so: cannot
[root@Godzilla apt]#

I assumed I'd have to update apt itself but I see no pointers on how
to do that on the Planet install pages. Am I missing something
obvious?

   If someone could send along instructions on where I'm supposed to
get an apt RPM & appropriate config files I would greatly appreciate
it.

Thanks,
Mark