[PlanetCCRMA] 2.6.12-0.18.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma kernel doing ok

Tracey Hytry shakti@bayarea.net
Mon Jul 11 17:58:02 2005

Fernando,

We installed your newest kernel on both of our personal machines here and so far things are looking good.

We ran a few tests on them with the new kernel compared to the  2.6.11-0.15.rdt and got slightly better audio stabilty with 2.6.12-0.18.rdt.  This is actually quite good considering that 2.6.12-0.15.rdt is light years ahead of the  2.6.10-2.1.ll.

Please pass on the thanks for the good work on the kernel development.  Once again I'll have to say that these kernels rock compared to the stock 2.6.x.  The boot time to desktop is faster, the desktop itself is snappier, and the ability to do real multimedia is there.

"One machine is an athlon64 with a gig of memory and a sata drive, while the other is an athlon32 with 1.5 gig memory and ide drives.  Both are running all of the fc3 planet stuff.  Both are also using the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-7167 kernal drivers which were installed on the new kernels using the --kernel-module-only switch."