[PlanetCCRMA] Re: apt for FC4?

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Tue Jul 12 12:50:02 2005

On 7/12/05, Jonathan Segel <jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com> wrote:

> On Jul 11, 2005, at 8:27 PM, planetccrma-request@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
> wrote:
> >
> > There are some old tips here:
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-November/
> > msg06636.html
> > maybe the:
> >     yum groupupdate "GNOME Desktop Environment"
> > will help in your case?
> > and here as well:
> > http://www.linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/misc/fc2-fc3-update-with-yum.txt
>

> thanks all, this has reestablished gnome on my fc4 desktop.

Jonathan,
   Hi. Did you have any troubles like this?

[root@Godzilla ~]# yum clean all
Repository updates-released already added, not adding again
Repository base already added, not adding again
Cleaning up Everything
0 headers removed
0 packages removed
0 metadata files removed
0 cache files removed
0 cache files removed
[root@Godzilla ~]# yum list updates
Repository updates-released already added, not adding again
Repository base already added, not adding again
Setting up repositories
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: livna-stable
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from livna-stable: [Errno 256] No more
mirrors to try.
[root@Godzilla ~]#

I don't use yum much so I really don't know if any of this applies to
my FC2->FC4 upgrade.

Cheers,
Mark