[PlanetCCRMA] Supercollider: local vs internal server

jonathan jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com
Wed Jul 20 17:34:01 2005

Mark Knecht wrote:

>On 7/20/05, jonathan <jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com> wrote:
>

>>Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>> >You should try to ldd the supercollider binary to see which libjack it
>> >is dynamically linking with....
>>
>>ok. but we mean scsynth here right? see that's what i am not
>>understanding about this problem. both internal server and localhost
>>server use scsynth.
>>in ~/.sclang.sc
>>i have:
>>Server.program = "sudo scsynth";
>>

><SNIP>
>
>So does this mean you're using sudo for scsynth? Are you running Jack
>as root? What user owns the sudo scsynth process?

oh yeah, running jack as user (jes) and sclang as jes, who is also sudo
for scsynth. was. that was an old problem getting scsynth to access jack
with realtime privilege. no longer needed and indeed, eliminating that
has allowed the localhost server to boot!
ok then...