[PlanetCCRMA] IRQ problem, workaround

Wibble T. Kat docbear@gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 21:30:40 2005

Hi all,

In addition to teaching, I maintain the language files and server for a
university in Inner Mongolia. CCRMA has already made my life better.
Thanks to everyone who works on the project.

Post install, booting 2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc3.ccrma caused udev (I think) to
assign USB to IRQ 21 and the sound card. As soon as sound is
initialised, USB is disabled. IRQ 21? that's a new one on me, as I
thought only IRQ 2 was cascaded to provide IRQs 10-17. Anyway, since
this is my first experience with a udev system, I am having to do some
reading to figure out how to get USB to work under
2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc3.ccrma. Any hints would be very helpful.

On the other hand, I have no trouble just booting 2.6.9-1.667 if I need
to use USB. Not an elegant solution, but it works.

Thanks again for all the work on CCRMA.

DaXiong

--
Moo