[PlanetCCRMA] found answer to kernel panic

pirrone pirrone@localnet.com
Thu Jul 21 15:05:02 2005

There appears to be a problem with 2.6.12x especially SMP kernels
aborting with a panic, and it seems to be related to the detection of
modules and creation of a correct initrd upon installation.  Upgrading
to the latest version of mkinitrd (and making sure your
/etc/modprobe.conf is correct) prior to installation, or redoing the
initrd afterwards appears to solve it.

Sorry for posting following my personal panic, but I couldn't find the
answer in a fairly diligent google/linux search, but it's all over
Redhat/Bugzilla which I've not had a reason to visit until now.

Frank