[PlanetCCRMA] Recompiling the alsa driver

Hector Centeno h.centeno@sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 21 18:41:01 2005

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 19:14, Hector Centeno wrote:
>

>>I have to recompile the alsa driver and I was wondering if the
>>instructions here
>>http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/recompilealsa.html are
>>still up to date. Also I was wondering where can I get the source rpms
>>for the alsa driver 1.0.9b (I have that one and Kernel
>>2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc3.ccrma on FC3).
>>

>The alsa you are looking for is still in the planetedge repository, that
>is, edit (temporarily) your /etc/apt/sources.list or
>/etc/apt/sources.list.d/* and add a line, same as the one for planetcore
>but with planetedge instead of planetcore in it.
>  apt-get update
>and install planetccrma-core, you should get the new alsa driver and
>matching kernel modules for 2.1.ll.
>
>All source packages live in:
>  http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/
>
>-- Fernando

Thank you for your reply. I know that this should be something very
basic but I hope someone here could help me. I need to recompile the
alsa driver to include my usb keyboard in the file
alsa-kernel/usb/usbquirks.h Is it ok to just build using regular
configure-make-install? Should I follow other procedure? I'm a little
confused as I don't know what's the difference between
alsa-module-kernel, asla-kernel and alsa-driver. Do I have to rebuild
all of them? I followed the instructions located here
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/recompilealsa.html but
rpm complained of trying to install an older version on top of a newer
of the alsa-driver.

thank you

Hector