[PlanetCCRMA] Newbie question re: ALSA

Bill Bain bill_bain99@yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 08:41:01 2005

After years of frustration with Windows, I built a
linux box (Centos 4.1), and installed a DMAN PCI card
that I had kicking around and I confess to not
understanding how to install ALSA, Jack, and the
various sound editing programs, since the PlanetCCRMA
packages speak to "fedora".

Centos is Red Hat ER4 and I'm not sure I understand
the process that would be required.

I know that these are newbie questions, so if, in lieu
of wasting list bandwidth, there's a FAQ addressing
the issue, please feel free to point me there.

Bill Bain
Atlanta