[PlanetCCRMA] rebuilding alsa for edge kernel

Hector Centeno h.centeno@sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 23 11:37:01 2005

Hi,

I just successfully rebuilt the alsa-driver and alsa-kernel for the
2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc3.ccrma. I had to do it in order to include a patch
that allows me to use my USB keyboard (Miditech Midistuido-2). I
downloaded the alsa source rpm from the CCRMA repository and everything
worked fine (I uninstalled the default Kernel-module-alsa for installing
the new compiled alsa-kernel). Now I'm trying to do the same for the
last edge kernel (0.21) following the same procedure but is not working.
Even though I recompiled the alsa-kernel, at boot it complains about
unknown symbols. If I uninstall the rebuilt kernel and reinstall the
official one everything works fine. Is there a different procedure to
follow for building the alsa-kernel for the edge kernels? Do I need a
different alsa-driver.spec file?

thank you!

Hector.