[PlanetCCRMA] FC4 kernel problems

Mon Jul 25 13:05:02 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 10:18, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 09:59, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 19:37, karlos wrote:
> > > hi list,
> > >
> > > I have just installed the kernels. after starting (AND re-compiling)
> > > jack it throws these errors:
> >
> > Which kernel? Which operating system version?
>
> Duh, read the post Fernando:
> > [karlos@localhost ~]$ uname -r
> > > 2.6.12-0.21.rdt.rhfc4.ccrma
>
> Do you have the pam package that's part of the Planet CCRMA repository?
> These latest kernels need it for you to be able to use realtime
> scheduling as a normal user (non-root). If you installed the
> planetccrma-core-edge package the proper pam should be there...

Ha, not really, there's a new updated PAM coming from Fedora that
overrides the patched one at Planet CCRMA. Or rather, there was, there
is now a newer PAM in the repository that does the realtime limits.
"apt-get update" and then "apt-get install planetccrma-core-edge" should
do the trick.

Thanks to Karlos for discovering this gotcha.
-- Fernando