[PlanetCCRMA] Re: [linux-audio-user] audacity and jack

Serie gmunu@free.fr
Thu Jul 28 13:18:02 2005

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano a écrit :

>I think I read somewhere you can select the connection from inside
>audacity, but not for other jack clients that were not there when
>audacity started.
>
>The very "unjack" behavior of being connected only while playing is one
>of the reasons I have not yet built a jack enabled audacity in Planet
>CCRMA. I don't know if the culprit is portaudio itself or the code
>inside audacity. Well, maybe I should build one anyway.

If you use Audacity to just edit a wav file in Rosegarden for exemple,
it can be sufficient I think, and it is a good thing to not to have to
stop jackd to be able to run audacity...
I'm agree that this  "unjack" behavior is maybe bad for a more
sophisticated use...

Maybe a last question,
is it possible if you create a virtual sound card in the asound.conf to
use it to "plug" some alsa applications?